Thursday, December 14, 2006

Finally having a chance to catch up with my emails, I checked my blog to realise that I hadn't posted in ages.

Doha, Qatar. Today is eleven weeks to the day since I arrived.

I've been working on the Opening and CLosing Ceremonies of the 15th Asian Games. In the costume department. And I've never worked so hard, under such gruelling circumstances in my life!

I sent an sms to a friend a few weeks ago explaining that I was taking notes, for Doha is place of many odd (from a westerners point of view) contrasts.

Too numerous to mention at this point. And I hope to get back to this when I have more time (taking a few minutes to hurriedly type this!)

Tomorrow night is the closing. And on Monday the 18th I fly to London.

And I just can't wait to leave.

1 Comments:

Blogger OvaGirl said...

I was just eating my dinner (a sad takeaway) with Tricky finally asleep and C still at work when I thought of you...and realised that you had commented on my blog so you must have written a post and without even finishing the mouthful I hurried to the computer and here it is!
You're in London now so I hope that you are not too cold (yay the thermals) and settling alright etc. Have spoken to L today, ridiculous that she is here when you are not. Cold wet rainy Sydney Xmas it seems (and probably Newcs too)...maybe a bit like london? Will be thinking of you and sending festive love...

8:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home