Thursday, April 27, 2006

Just a little note

I was going to write a post about how I went to the Korean Baths in Kingscross to get a massage and a body scrub and came away with bruises and abrasions, but instead this will have to be a quickie.

Got a real job three weeks ago. An honest to god, paid, full time job in the arts! The most amazing thing about getting this job is I didn't even apply for it. There I was in the bank reorganising my finances when I get a call from a woman I met for five minutes last October on a little gigette at NIDA. Can I start on Monday? Sure can!

The job is the best paying job I've ever had. It's an initial 12 week contract, with the possibility of being extended and a further possibility of a 10 - 12 week stint oversea. Looks like I may be in the Middle East around xmas time.

And I moved into a fantastic three bedroom artdeco apartment all in the same week.

I would like to add, but wait, there's more, but that's enough just for now.

2 Comments:

Blogger OvaGirl said...

Yes, v.proud of you VDino, well done! (But do tell the Korean Bath House story too!)

3:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! Congratulations on the job! I'm really glad you've got something creative to do. Now it's my turn to find something.

I'm interested in hearing about your bath house experience. Is that the Ginseng... place in the Cross? Here I was thinking I should try visiting at some point.

11:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home